School Supply Lists
Each teacher will inform students the first day of school on what supplies are required for their specific class.
Students should check Schoology when their course becomes available for any announcements from their teachers. Please see some suggested items below.
The basic supplies for high school
- No. 2 pencils
- Mechanical pencils
- Colored pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Large pink eraser
- Ballpoint pens
- Spiral-bound or composition notebooks
- Loose-leaf notebook paper
- Ruler with English and metric measurements
- Several three-ring binders
- Three-hole punch
- Pencil case that fits in a binder
- Binder dividers (The kinds with pockets are good for loose papers.)
- Pocket folders
- Folders that fit in binders
- Calendar or planner for scheduling or recording assignments
- A sturdy, supportive backpack
- Index cards, ruled and unruled (These are great for making flash cards.)
- Calculator or mobile phone with calculator. Check with the math teacher first before investing in an expensive calculator. Graphing calculators, for example, are required in some math classes. Teachers advise parents not to buy a calculator with more functions than your students will use. Also check with the teacher to determine the policy on mobile phones that have calculators, and determine whether your child will use it responsibly.